Monday, November 5, 2012

Me, a proper wargamer?

Monday morning, tired from a weekend of epic proportions (but this is a blog about my hobby, so you don't get to know..) and I'm not working today. I plan to get some hobby things done, but for now I just take this coffe and answer a few questions from here. Why? Well, because I found them funny and it's a way to think about what I have done, and for those of you who care to get to know my wargaming side a little better!

Here we go:

* Spent at least £500 on figures / tanks - and you get extra kudos for every £500 you've spent
Guess I get a box of kudos then?

* Pricked your finger or thumb on a pike block - several times
Ahh, those prickin basterds..

* Tried at least 10 different rule sets and vowed never to play half of them ever again
Actually it's more that I don't have tried at least 10 different rule sets...

* Bought an army off EBay
In Sweden we call it Tradera! And yes!

* Sold an army on EBay
In Sweden we call it Tradera! And yes!

* spent months painting an army - then used it in anger once
And then, Tradera!

* tried several different periods and genres
More like all of them...

* dropped a box of figures on the floor from a great height
Shit happens.

* lost a battle on the last throw of the dice
Even worse, I lost a tournament!

* made at least one enemy for life
I only make plastic enemies when playing games.

* had a proper, stand up argument over a wargamers table
Like a boss.

* thrown a dice across a room
Someone needed a scatter dice?

* rebased an army for a different rule set
I have rebased stuff for many reasons, but not that one.

* inflicted a whopping defeat on an opponent
Well, when you have 30 khorne berzerkers you get a lot of blood for the buck. Eldars are weak btw.

* suffered an embarrassing defeat due to a stupid tactical decision
Wait, you can quick kill my general with that? (DBA)

* joined a wargamers club
At least 6.

* bought a ton of lead that remains unpainted
And yet it seems like I am missing something?

* been to a wargamers show
A few..

* have more dice than is logical or necessary to own - and have used most of them
Well, some diceboxes just dont seem to like me, or they get old...

* have taken boxes of troops down to a club just to show them off to your mates
You make that sound like a bad thing?


That's all folks, hope some of you enjoyed reading this, there is no refund of your time!
I crown myself a proper wargamer with or without this list. :)

Now I shall behols some 90 minutes of zombies and base them UNA infantrymen.

1 comment: