So, here is the story of an epic hobby failure. It was a long time since I made a stupid mistake like this, not counting splashing superglue everywhere on your hands and tools. There is a reason I didn't post anything regarding adding tracks to my t-34 last night. Let mistakes, common or not, be a reminder to think a bit more next time there is something that can possibly go wrong..
Anyhow, I use Still Water from Vallejo, as I think it is the best product and with the best clear result for a still water.
Now for the bad things, I have stuck the plants in the river, pressing through the bottom and as a result the water slipped past the hard mix of sand and filler.
The pillars that should hold the bridge is also pressed down, not a long way at all but you can clearly see the holes which the water went through. The problem was that apparently white styrofoam isn't waterproof as you might have imagined, I sure did. The Still Water wasn't so still after all, and after a panicked wiping and covering of the holes underneath, without tilting the whole board I carefully put the hole board on a cut up big plastic bag so the water effect would not damage anything underneath the board, this will be a permanent solution as the water effect now has glued the bag and the board tohether. Oh well, you learn something every day, no matter how sticky and messy it may be..